11.12.03

1.Discman playing: 'Darling' album by Mavis Fan

I must be a very lucky Mavis Fan's fan!
I passed by Cash Converters by coincidence today and look what I've got for myself! Mavis's Darling CD. For FIVE DOLLARS!!! And I don't go Cash Converters regularly wan ar...
This Darling CD marks the start of the turning point in her music career. After this 1998 effort, she put out the award-winning 'I want us to be together' album. And then it's Jue Shi Ming Ling.
This wan is a 10-track CD which boosts of very simple musical arrangements. I call it Guitar Simplicity. We get the usual Mavis' lazy-funk element in most of the songs here. Though plain it might be, it's refreshing musically- after the recent uprise and bombardments of RnB and HipHop music. Yeah, it's refreshing.
And god... I'm still largely amazed by the musical sensitivity and strength of Mavis here.


Posted by fulooshou at 12:16 AM |