Today was a funny day(I wanted to say that today was a rili rili bad day but decided I shldn’t complain too much).
Ya so today was a FUNNY day.
I experienced the worst of Singapore’s public transport.
You see, I woke up late today so I had to rush to sch by cab.
My lesson starts at 8 and I got a cab at 7.20am and I thot maybe I could still make it in time.
To my disgust and horror, there was this MASSIVE JAM from Stevens Rd right up to Clementi where my sch is. So the cabbie decided to change route. But again there’s another HUGE jam in Bukit Timah. So I was caught there, moving very slowly near the speed of crawling.
I reached sch at 8.10.
And the teacher was very kind cos he still marked me late.
Ok so I was supposed to have tuition today at 7.30 in the evening.
So I left my gang at e sch lib at 6.10 and took bus to Dover mrt station.
And so you will think that I will reach Benben’s house before 7.30.
Guess wad?
The train stopped at Commonwealth. For 10 minutes. Then, at the next stop, which is Queenstown, it stopped(ok broke down) again for another god-knows-how long. Then, the whole train of passengers were told to alight. Imagine a whole mrt train of ppl on Queenstown mrt platform.
So clever me decided to leave the train station(@ 7pm) because if that stupid train continues to break down and stop at every station for 10 min, the other trains at the back will also be delayed.
I walked to the bus stop because there’s like 100 ppl waiting for taxi, all of whom just escaped narrowly from the faulty mrt train(and I spent $17 this morn on the cab ride liao!). Ya.. so I walked to the bus stop where I’ve been to before but never taken any bus home frm.
There are 51 and some other ulu buses and only 51 looks familiar to me.
But after waiting for another 5 minutes, I thot I was not going to make it for tuition and 145 came, so I went up.
*The above was typed on bus no. 33.
Luckily, it went to Redhill mrt. Cos my family are avid supporters of Ikea and we always take bus from Redhill. So there were bus no. 32 and 33 and 33 came first so I boarded it.
But in the end I was 1 hour late for tuition but of cos I called earlier on at 7 to inform Benben’s parents that I’ll be late.
So this was how i actually realise Singapore's public transport sux.