Have you seen a goldfish close his eyes before?
This morning, I saw Jian Qiang, eyes closed, sleeping so peacefully like nothing really matter anymore.
Jian Qiang passed away this morning.
It was very sudden, because yesterday when I was talking to val on the phone(abt 12 in the morning), I still saw him swimming.
That was the last time I saw him swim.
Mama woke me up this morning and I really really didn't want to get up - until she broke the news to me. I sprang out of bed into the kitchen. Papa had put him into a ziploc bag, so I took it up. That was the second time I actually held him in my hands. The first time was when I broke his lionhead.
It was different this time round; he wouldn't even move a single bit. I could just hold him so gently within my two palms.
He was very peaceful you know. I held him, his whole weight on my palms, proving once again he is the biggest(and heaviest) goldfish ever. I stared. I didn't know how to react.