I had a debate with val on our way home. Ok not so much of a debate but we have very different views.
It began with a few photos we saw from somewhere. Then I got distracted and I started thinking: if I ever get attached, I would want to give my dear the best. The best me, the best body, the best sex and of course the best love. I think it comes as a package.
So I told her I want to change. I want to get a nicer bod so that people will notice me(hmm.. ha not that I look ugly). Then, of course, when we are really going steady, I can give my best. In terms of character and personality, I dare to say I'm quite ready for a relationship and it will not be some child's play, surely. But in terms of body and figure, I don't think I'm at my best.
Then, val said that I was being superficial. She said "if the person loves you as you are, then you won't have to do anything to yourself". That really made sense.
But in my case, it's not that only when my future whoever comments about me, then I change. I want to change. I want to give my best(I know I repeat this many many times). val then reminded me of Ms thomas' example of the anorexic girl. She suffered from anorexia and refused to eat... you all should know the details. And she happened to have a loving bf who did not mind her physical self at all. So her bf told her that he loves her for who she is and she doesn't have to go on a diet whatsoever. But the girl couldn't be bothered.
You know for a split second, I could understand why she is doing that. But again, I know I'm being very superficial. To me, physical looks are still important.
But again in this material world we are living in, isn't it better to give your partner a better you, a better someone he/she may like even more? I think it is extremely touching for someone to actually work out and keep fit for his/her lover/future lover's sake.