12.4.04

You won't know me just by reading my blog so don't say you know ok.

I've been thinking. What is the main purpose of blogging? I asked engz once(she started blogging ages ago) and she told me that our blogs keep us connected, in these times when we don't and can't see each other everyday anymore. So then that's why I started blogging(I think so).

But it's not like that anymore. I think blogging has become just another form of packaging.

Like this:
Firstly, I think what I want you all to know. And then I go plan. And then I start to write. And then I edit again. Lastly, I post it for you all to read and if I post something thoughtful or whatever, you all will start to think that i'm thoughtful. And I may not be thoguhful. And so in this case, I may pretend I look like Bolin and go around requesting for ons but actually beneath that mask, that packaging I'm actually a geeky-pimply-nerdy-whatever asshole jerk who has herpes.

With that said, that means all that you all have been reading about are just how I want myself to be read as. Understand?

But I don't want to be seen that way, like I'm a product of myself. I am me. So I want to blog truthfully. And then I realise, it's because a blog is supposed to be public and linked(I don't know why people like to link so much), that our blogs get spread around, and that we get to peep into other's blogs, which I suppose is very bad but hmm they're supposed to be linked and so public, no?!!

And that is why we have to pretend/package ourselves. So I made my point. That if I will ever blog about my life and everything about me here truthfully, then I'm nuts ok. If we are fated to become close friends, it will somehow happen, no? If we are to remain as acquaintances, then let it be, don't try and intrude into my life or my friends' and act clever and think you know me.

Ok I sound crude. Just taking a break off my list of projects. Ok going to get back to my research materials. Update again this weekend. Take care!


Posted by fulooshou at 2:46 AM |