Though it doesn't feel like, it's already the fourth week of school or my third year in Mass Comm.
RHW has unknowingly become a priority, and going to school has just been for the "at least 80% attendance". I swear I didn't expect RHW to take up so much time and effort, but with that said, the hosting of Singapore Street Festival has been really enriching and many opportunities have come knocking. SSF certainly did boost my confidence in hosting on a big stage in front of random strangers. Liasing with different record companies puts my PR skills which I'm lacking to tests.
However, I would always remember what meijuan told me during jc: No matter how busy and tired you are(at that time, we had drama rehearsals almost everyday till late at night), you must never forget that you are playing the role of a student. So always play it good and to the fullest.
I didn't know balancing school work and RHW would be so hard, but it's been done before, so I don't see why I can't do it. I admit I have my fears and uncertainties but I've experienced all these before and I've allowed them to stop me from doing bigger things, so I shouldn't be afraid again.
So, the Mass Comm modules which I'm taking this semester are Advanced Radio Production, Presentation Skills in Chinese, Short Film Editing and Scriptwriting and Media Law.
Advanced Radio requires the handing in of a three-minute capsule every week, a half-hour radio drama/feature/documentary and a Digital Audio Broadcast test. Pres Chi has tests for basic pronounciation, translation, commercial slogans etc. Media Law is, erm, media law(fortunately, Ms Teo has been rather entertaining). As for Scriptwriting, I guess in the end I will have to come up with a script for a short film? And I have to watch all these films lah:
1. Some like it hot 2. Thelma and Louise 3. Godfather 4. As much as it gets 5. Shrek 6. Day for night 7. Annie Hall 8. Rocky 9. Close encounter of third kind 10. Indiana Jones 11. 7 samurai 12. Getaway 13. Rocky 14. Diner 15. Mr.Bean 16. Tootsie 17. One flew over the cuckoos’ nest 18. Citizen Kane 19. Witness 20. Chinatown 21. Gold rush 22. Amadeus 23. Babe 24. Let’s go for a walk
Balance, Louis, balance. Put the bigger balls into the container first. Then, slowly fill it up with smaller ones.